Join Our Team as a Financial Aid Officer (FAO) and tap into a growing company. We are looking for a well-qualified candidate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to learn and grown within the Student Finance department.
The Financial Aid Officer assists the Regional Director of Financial Aid in providing ongoing service to current and returning students to assist students in securing adequate funding to cover their costs, respond to complex questions regarding their financial aid eligibility, and ensure Institutional compliance with internal policies and governing agency regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist current and re-entry students in re-applying for and securing funding to cover educational expenses
• Work with students to secure and package third party/scholarship funding and provide required documentation to agencies to ensure timely payments are received by the College
• Process all VA certifications
• Follow-up with continuing students to collect all required documentation to complete financial aid awarding process
• Scan and upload approved financial aid files and additional requested documentation for all students
• Ensure all financial aid paperwork is processed according to company procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation collected and financial aid documentation is adequately and permanently recorded and available when necessary
• Provide entrance and exit counseling at appropriate times to encourage responsible debt management and ensure regulatory compliance
• Encourage and process timely student payments and assist director in reconciliation of cash box and submittal of daily reports to Prospect
• Adhere to regulations as set forth by governing agencies and institutional policies
• Advise students on the consequences of schedule changes as they apply to financial aid awards
• Advise continuing and re-entry students who have questions about their eligibility, available funding, stipends, etc
• Collect, review for accuracy, and manifest all private/federal/state loan mpns and forward to the appropriate lender
• Assist with federal, state, VA, and accrediting agency audits
• Process all student status confirmations provided by lenders in a timely manner
• Assist in skip tracing students at risk and provide advisement to them regarding re-entry, if applicable, and options regarding repayment
• Statistical reporting
• Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• AAS degree in accounting or business related field required; BS degree preferred
• Industry experience in registrar, financial aid, educational counseling or student accounts highly desired
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Customer service experience required
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and computer skills required
• Team-player but able to work independently required
• Detail oriented and well-organized
• Positive attitude required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
Pay Range: $18/hr. - $22/hr.
Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions:
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Charter College - 19 months ago
Fortunately for some, you don't need an official charter to make your way to the fast track. Through an accelerated semester schedule,...