The Financial Aid Processor reports to the Associate Director of Processing Operations. Will be responsible for performing application review and determination of student eligibility to prepare file for student aid awarding.
Application review includes:
• Verification: verifies accuracy of data and makes correction if needed.
• Federal database (C-code)resolution: resolve database mismatches including communicating with responsible agency [e.g., U.S. Department of Education,Processing System ( CPS ) and National Student Loan Data System ( NSLDS )] and students.
• Identify and resolve conflicting information by collecting additional information.
• Review financial aid history.
• Evaluate satisfactory academic progress status.
Perform loan processing ( SAY AND BBAY )- originate loan, determine completion of entrance counseling and master promissory note, and set disbursement date.
Perform re-calculations/revisions related to attendance, enrollment change, special circumstance appeal, satisfactory academic progress appeal, post-screening reason code eligibility change, additional sources of aid, over award and over payment.
Schedule communication requests and notifications, e.g., missing document request, award letter, opportunity to cancel loan notification, return of title IV fund notification.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Require demonstrated competencies to work in technology driven operation. These include analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student centered customer service orientation. Also, must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college.
Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution; demonstrated success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
COL Student Support Center - Tampa
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Saint Leo University - 13 months ago