Financial Aid Specialist
Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Weeks Per Year
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Academic
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer
Monday through Thursday 7:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Summer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Financial Aid Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position performs specialized work in Financial Aid, with emphasis on coordinating the Direct Lending student loan program. Occasional travel to other campuses to provide coverage may be required.
Beginning: July 2013
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Coordinate the Direct Lending student loan program. Advise students about loans, default prevention management, loan certification, and reconciliation of loans disbursed to date. Create and maintain educational materials regarding student loans.
2. Manage and facilitate entrance and exit counseling with students which includes an emphasis on financial literacy and debt management. Update borrowers on the status of their risk of default.
3. Research federal and state regulations and District policy for procedural changes. Ensure compliance with applicable loans and regulations by monitoring an up-to-date library and by implementing the rules as required.
4. Advise prospective and enrolled students and parents concerning loans according to state and federal regulations. Advise students regarding resolution of complex individual financial aid problems.
5. Analyze and evaluate information and make financial aid decisions based on information reported on student applications. Interpret federal income tax returns as they apply to student eligibility. Resolve conflicts between application for aid and supporting documentation.
6. Reconcile direct loan and other financial aid accounts with government agencies; resolve problems such as overpayments, and incorrect disbursements.
7. Ensure that financial aid has been awarded and appropriately disbursed or credited based on the student status. Review each student aid recipient’s academic performance and determine whether academic progress is being achieved. Recalculate or adjust awards and monitor satisfactory progress of student aid recipients. As needed calculate refunds and repayments for students who withdraw from school.
8. Verify/validate the accuracy of the financial and family information submitted by students. Assess the need, determine, authorize, and monitor the eligibility of students and award aid according to federal and state rules and institutional policies and procedures. Recalculate or adjust awards, as needed.
9. Determine eligibility for federal, state, college, and other aid programs in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, guidelines, and other governing criteria. Work with outside agencies, such as DVR , as appropriate.
10. Serve as backup to the other Financial Aid Specialists. Train staff and work-study students in proper application of regulations, policies, and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field required.
2. Three years of related work experience. Experience with direct lending preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
4. Considerable knowledge of financial aid regulations, procedures, methods and
terminology including grant programs, work study and veterans.
5. Ability to compile and prepare detailed reports.
6. Knowledge of data processing for input and retrieval of data and operation of equipment
as related to Student Financial Aid.
7. Working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Experience with Banner or
other student administration systems, MS Office, and the Internet preferred.
8. Advanced accounting skills and sound math skills.
9. Ability to interpret complex regulations and exercise independent initiative and judgment.
10. Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and general public. Ability to train staff.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty, support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard