Coordinate and process institutional, athletic, and outside scholarships to undergraduate students. Also provide administrative support of critical financial aid procedures.
- Facilitate the receipt, processing, and award notifications of all scholarships to undergraduate students, including departmental, athletic, endowed, and outside scholarships.
- Review ISIR revisions on a daily basis or as needed and provides EFC changes to Financial Aid Officer on Duty for re-packaging.
- Provide administrative support to Loan Assistant and Financial Aid Assistant during peak processing periods, as needed.
- Assist the SFS Compliance Officer and Financial Aid Director in the preparation, review, and mailing of paper and electronic financial Satisfactory Academic Progress communications after each academic session, including summer.
- Assist the SFS NCAA Compliance Officer and Financial Aid Director in the preparation, review, and electronic processing and mailing of paper financial Athletic Scholarship Agreements ( ASA ), reduction and non-renewal scholarship letters, and scholarship appeal communications during signing periods and as needed.
- Assist the SFS NCAA Compliance Officer and Financial Aid Director with data entry into the NCAA Compliance Assistant system as needed.
- Scan, upload, and assign student and parent documents in accordance with federal, state, and departmental quality control standards and procedures; ensures proper documentation and integrity of scanned images.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Financial Aid Officer in charge of workflow and the Director of Financial Aid.
- Other duties as assigned by the Financial Aid Director or designee.
- One year work experience in student financial aid or the equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- General knowledge in all areas of financial aid preferred: Federal Title IV and State regulations governing financial aid programs, determination of need, packaging procedures and resolution of problems.
- Computer proficiency required with Web-based applications (Google docs, Gmail) and Microsft Word and Excel; Jenzabar/CX and PowerFAIDS knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II policies and procedures and Compliance Assistant software desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment relating to extenuating circumstances and policy interpretation.
- Ability to exercise important interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations within the SFS Office, the Point Loma community, and outside organizations.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for problem solving sometimes under stressful conditions.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: