Performs the more technically demanding financial aid duties, including determining award amounts, making awards in various programs. Has significant responsibility for counseling students and parents regarding financial aid. Coordinates office work flow and the consistent implementation of policies and procedures. May function as the liaison for external agencies. Works with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public. Administers financial aid program(s) and makes presentations. Will be required to provide work direction.
25% - Processes financial aid applications including verification, determination of need, awarding of funds, and adjusting of prior awards
25% - Provides specific financial aid program administration (i.e. scholarships, PELL, Direct Loan)
15% - Researches, analyses/interprets regulations for financial aid programs and responds to inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of regulations and policies
15% - Coordinates projects, programs, office workflow, and prepares/reviews reports; prepares and conducts program specific staff training
10% - Addresses front line issues and other difficult inquiries from students and parents
10% - Provides Student Information System (SIS) set-up information to District Office as requested
- Experience working in financial aid with knowledge of federal student aid compliance issues and resolutions
- Experience verifying financial aid applications in compliance with federal laws
- Experience with advising students and parents on financial aid
- Computer experience to include on-line systems
Special Working Conditions
- Bachelor's degree in any field and/or five (5) or more years' advanced financial aid experience
- Experience administering financial aid in PeopleSoft
- Experience running and reviewing reports in BOEXI
- Experience making public presentations
Hours and Chandler-Gilbert campus locations may vary. Possible schedules include: 9am - 6pm or 10am - 7pm or four 10-hour days during summers. May be required to work weekends and evenings; may require lifting up to 25 lbs; may require prolonged use of computer and viewing of screens; may be required to attend off site training/workshops/presentations.
The Maricopa County Community College District is one of the largest community college districts in the nation. It includes 10 colleges ,...