Conducts complex financial analysis with focus on Business Area and Lifecycle financial support. Performs high level business analysis with an emphasis on understanding revenue and gross margin trends through in-depth analysis. Interacts with Lifecycles and functions including Global Marketing, Research and Development, Quality & Regulatory and Manufacturing. Communicates with all levels of management.
- Works on complex financial analyses requiring an in-depth evaluation of all factors, both internal and external. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining analytical results. Presents findings clearly and accurately as a part of the Corporate Planning and Analysis function.
– Leads monthly financial close ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results in compliance with all division and business area reporting requirements
– Performs monthly business analysis highlighting all key trends and variances to budget and lead organization in developing countermeasures where necessary.
- Assists with monthly results reporting package and presentations to senior management.
– Coordinates forecast and budget process to ensure timely and accurate forecast in compliance with all Business Area and Division requirements.
– Implements forecast and budget processes by working with stakeholders in analyzing trends to develop cost center and project level forecasts and budgets.
- Organizes process to develop quarterly forecast and annual budget presentations to senior management.
- Assists with Business Area and/or Lifecycle business plan process to deliver five year financial projections and required presentation materials.
- Assists with Business Area and/or Lifecycle process to develop five year product line models ensuring alignment with all RTD commercial regions.
– Develops full Business Area and/or Lifecycle financial statements including all required income statements and balance sheet information; ensure compliance with all division reporting requirements.
– Participates on product development teams providing financial analysis, valuation services and monthly results reporting.
– Participates on cross-functional projects providing financial analysis and or valuation services in support of senior management decision making.
– Performs other duties and special projects as required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in accounting, finance or related discipline; MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Business planning experience at Business Unit and/or Corporate levels.
- Advanced experience with reporting, planning and analysis systems to including SAP, Cognos or other equivalent solutions.
- Experience interacting with all levels of management.
- Experience in manufacturing accounting and multi-currency reporting a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge base of Finance and/or Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and POWERplay skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and changing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience.
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent written and oral communications including excellent presentation skills.
- Able to be creative and innovative when problem-solving.
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...