Join the leading global provider of software and services for the automobile insurance claims processing industry! Audatex, a subsidiary of Solera Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SLH), delivers market-leading claims solutions to more than 50,000 insurance companies, collision repair shops and automotive recyclers worldwide. This global reach, combined with a strong financial position, enables us to continually invest in our technology, our clients and, our employees.
Audatex is currently seeking a seasoned Sr. Financial Analyst for our San Diego office.
Key analytical and business advisory role tasked with the development of financial planning, analysis, and reporting in support of driving profitable operating performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn company policies, practices, and procedures and apply them effectively to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Develop extensive working knowledge of standard tools, practices, and procedures pertaining to various section/group operations.
- Work collaboratively with business units to facilitate in and out flow of accurate financial data.
- Handle complex issues and projects on a regular basis (often under time constraints).
- Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Leverage software applications including Excel, Access, Oracle, and Cognos to mine and analyze large quantities of data.
- Build and maintain sophisticated models for monthly reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Compute business revenue, volume, price, operating margin, and other financial metrics on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
- Provide monthly expense reporting and perform ad-hoc analysis for each cost center.
- Identify key trends, develop metrics, and prepare reports and business recommendations that support the initiatives of internal customers.
- Actively identify areas for business process improvement.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Director of FP&A.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as necessary.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field from highly accredited school. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in FP&A
- Must have financial modeling, data mining experience and conceptual understanding of relational database management systems.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain sophisticated financial models and must have high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with oracle, cognos and other financial planning software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and recommendations to upper management in a concise, audience-appropriate manner
- Flexibility and capability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to complete routine work accurately with little or no supervision
- Must be able to use professional concepts to solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to work on problems of moderate scope, where analysis of situation requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Able to work from general instructions on routine work and participate in team efforts.
- Must work effectively within a team environment.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Must learn and apply company policies, practices and procedures to accurately and expediently complete assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The next time you report a fender bender, your adjuster might be using technology from Solera to process the claim. Solera Holdings...