Job Title: Financial Analyst (IT)
Job ID: 03498
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidates will have financial modeling experience and strong excel skills.
The IT Financial Analyst helps others within the I/S Division manage money by compiling, processing, and analyzing financial data. This may involve a range of financial services such as budget preparation and submission, pricing, accounting, asset tracking, asset disposal, management financial reporting, and invoice processing. This position supports the achievement of divisional financial goals by providing management in all areas with necessary information and analysis pertaining to key financial measures. Helps to assure that all divisional decisions are made while considering the associated financial, growth and customer impacts.
- I/S Divisional Budgets (50%)
- Leads I/S cost center managers regarding budget preparation and reporting for both I/S project-level budgeting and corporate annual budgeting.
- Creates comparisons of forecasted budgets to actual budgets.
- Projects year-to-date expenditures based on current and prior years' actuals.
- Prepares budget projections; reconciles expenses incurred in an account/cost center; analyzes capital expenses incurred within a project; prepares incurred expense adjustments.
- Assists in establishing the internal I/S budget process and monitors I/S internal budget changes throughout the year.
- Acts as I/S finance support contact for specified I/S cost centers. Serves as the primary liaison with the corporate finance department.
- Financial/Management Reporting (25%)
- Researches, designs and develops various management reports as requested.
- Assures the timeliness and accuracy of all financial statements and management reports. Maintains an understanding of the operations of the division, in order to adjust the allocation processes within financial statements and management reports.
- Maintains financial statement and management report processing systems, assuring the accuracy of the resulting reports.
- Produces financial statements and management reports on a monthly basis.
- Presents reports to executive and divisional leadership, both verbally and through slide presentations, relating to the corporate objectives of the firm, our past experience in achieving these objectives, and our plans to meet them.
- I/S Financial Services (10%)
- Upon invoice receipt, verifies product quality and price, resolves invoice discrepancies, calculates any reductions due to terms, authorizes payment and processes the invoice.
- Actively participates in the creation of procedures and processes which insure compliance to corporate accounting practices and standard auditing practices.
- Works with the Corporate Purchasing Department, Finance and suppliers to insure accurate order placement, accounting and processing of invoices.
- Business Planning (10%)
- Assists clients in the development of business plans and operational plans.
- Participates in team presentations of the business plans to executive and divisional leadership.
- Financial Consulting (5%)
- Assists in the planning and development of various analyses which are used by executives and divisional leadership to evaluate decision options. These can include cost estimate, total-cost-of-ownership budget, expense allocation, general ledger account, and internal controls.
- Provides information for the development of post-implementation reviews for projects to determine if the outcomes of the project are consistent with the assumptions used in the pre-decision analysis.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Concern for Quality
- Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of information technology products and services
- Demonstrated experience in budget management.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial management tools and methodologies
- Solid knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting principles.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...