MAJOR FOCUS: To monitor company cost control procedures on a daily basis and ensure compliance with our established policies by working closely with department managers and directors. Acts as a resource to management to help them achieve the budgeted results that they are individually required to meet.
* Completes various revenue and cost analysis reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Completes the daily meter revenue reconciliation to the state’s meters by researching all variances and providing proper explanation for each variance.
* Monitors the manager comp program by completing a daily reconciliation report and doing necessary follow up with directors and officers to ensure we are in compliance with SOX controls.
* Audits inventory of cards, dice, and chips on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
* Monitors and maintains audit logs for the destruction of cards, dice, and chips.
* Makes weekly spot checks of purchasing specifications, warehouse and storage areas.
* Responsible for checking the costing of all requisitions, based on latest invoice, and compile daily/monthly F & B cost by outlet. Assist in month end inventory taking and costing.
* Keeps above listed departmental managers informed of any problems and suggested solutions. Keeps Director of Accounting and Director of Food & Beverage informed in a timely manner of any possible irregularities.
* Provides management with ideas through oral feedback and/or reports to increase profitability in all areas of the gaming company.
* Assists with the overall operation and administration of revenue accounting by completing food, liquor, and retail accounting reports.
* Keeps abreast of current trends and practices within the area of responsibility and communicates pertinent information.
* Completes special projects as requested by management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience in the casino/hotel industry or as an accountant/analyst.
* Must possess working knowledge of accounting procedures.
* Must possess working knowledge of inventory purchasing system.
* Working knowledge of automated accounting systems preferred.
* Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
* Must possess superior customer service and leadership skills
* Must possess superior written and oral communication skills
* Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
* Must present an overall professional appearance
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as scheduled
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the DE Lottery
Accountable to: Manager – Financial Analysis
Accountable for: None
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - 7 months ago