MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the financial management and direction for the plant operations. To provide leadership, financial and strategic support in Accounting and Financial Controls, reporting, staff development and project oversight as a member of the management team. This position will work with management, sales and operations to provide support for the achievement of business objectives and growth initiatives. Responsibility for all functions related to monthly operational reporting, planning, monthly closing and analysis of variances from budget and forecast.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
Finance and Accounting
- Perform closing responsibilities for the Fowler, IN plant.
- Ensure all procedures and controls are followed according to corporate polices and guidelines.
- Work with the Controller to provide timely and accurate monthly reporting, analysis and presentation.
- Process management of all financial functions.
- Tracking, reporting and analysis of operational key metrics.
- Maintain controls that meet all internal and external audit requirements.
- Maintain accurate inventory records and ensure integrity of physical inventory through process control and physical counts.
- Account for the payment, receipts and value of SOMWP product line.
- May be required to perform and backup AR, AP and payroll duties
- Ensure that all guidelines are followed in fixed asset management,
- Work with the financial team to manage an efficient process for annual planning development.
- Financial lead on development of business unit projects and strategies supporting new customer growth.
- Work with Continuous Improvement team to reduced costs and improve product margins.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years financial experience in a diversified manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting fundamentals and analysis
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to self-direct activities, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- Results oriented
- Effective team participation and leadership
- Ability to critically analyze and prepare complex reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills.
- Repeatable and Auditable data modeling and manipulation.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while working under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to use technology to solve business problems.
Graphic Packaging - 19 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...