The Financial Analyst is responsible for independently generating, reviewing, and distributing daily, weekly, monthly statistical reports covering all areas of system operations including financial, marketing and sales in order to aid in analyzing findings to facilitate problem solving related to budget, forecasting and special projects. The Analyst is additionally responsible for campaign/package code development, reporting, and tracking and will assist in the preparation of rolling monthly forecasts and the annual budget process. This position will report to the Fiscal Operations Manager.
• Prepare, review and distribute daily, weekly, monthly subscriber and subscriber-related activity reports.
• Prepare, review and distribute daily, weekly, monthly special product reports revolving around subscriber and financial data.
• Maintains and updates subscriber reports for rolling forecasts and annual budget.
• Performs financial review, analysis and reporting as needed related to actual results, monthly outlooks, annual budgets and related schedules for both financial information and metrics.
• Manages, tracks, and processes operating expenses and provides monthly variance reports to the Manager of Fiscal Operations.
• Partners with Marketing and Billing to develop Campaign/Package codes and produces reports to track Campaigns and Packages
• Completes special projects, ad hoc analyses and other duties as assigned.
“The above accountabilities are not meant to reflect all duties specific to this job”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develops spreadsheets to validate and integrate accounting and other pertinent information with operations information.
• Performs detailed statistical and financial analyses using data collected from the financial accounting systems, or other database systems.
• Possess professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication techniques
• Ability to use a Windows-based computer and other system related tools
• Vision acuity required for extensive use with PC, calculator and reference materials
• Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers for extensive use of PC and other office equipment
• Ability to multi task in a fast paced customer focused environment
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and move up to 20lbs
• BS or BA in Accounting, Economics or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
• 1-3 yrs. Budget, Cost Accounting, or Financial Planning experience, required.
• Proficiency in using a MS Windows-based PC, required.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, required.
• Excellent computer literacy with the ability to extract and summarize data from a variety of sources including Data Warehouses, Billing Systems, or Financial Systems, required.
• Analytical ability to summarize data for accuracy and make appropriate recommendations, required.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP, internal control and audit competency, required.
• Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously, required.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, required.
• 1-3 yrs. Budget, Cost Accounting or Financial Planning.
• Professional, fast-paced, customer-focused environment
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
Please read carefully:
Suddenlink Communications is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Suddenlink Communications via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Suddenlink Communications. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Suddenlink Communications as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Suddenlink - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...