Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
The Financial Analyst II works with the organization’s cost accounting methodology to conduct studies that improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the function and/or site. He/She will extract financial data from various accounting and information systems and perform complex financial and operational analysis of data. They effectively present the results for their analyses and recommendations to management.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Analyzes operational and financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project future performance. May make recommendations such as adjustments to budgets and forecasts and other cost improvement measures.
- Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or initiatives.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data reported in the various financial and operational systems.
- Develops and maintains reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases to assemble, manipulate and format data or reports.
- Develops and recommends processes to streamline operations.
- Develops cost/revenue metrics and projections.
- Participates in key operational meetings to obtain relevant information and assist management with evaluations and making decisions on business matters.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking by calling out assumptions and identifying root cause. Thinking outside the box.
- Assist Functional personnel with the preparation of their budgets.
- Analyze operating variances and summarize key business and industry specific operating information on a monthly basis explaining YTD and forecasted results against prior forecast and original plan.
- Update and provide month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports to various operating functions.
- Education: Requires a Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to build data models, quickly manipulate data and conduct financial analysis.
- Advanced skill level required using spreadsheet, word document, and presentation software; as well as database knowledge
- Ability to create easily understood reports with little direction.
- Ability to manipulate data through systems, software, and languages.
- Requires strong oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate financial results throughout the company.
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various projects
- 5 years of financial analysis experience
- Masters degree, CFA, CPA and other financial certifications are preferred
- Cost Accounting experience strongly preffered
- Travel up to 15% depending on varying business needs
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://jobs.assurant.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 33493
Assurant - 12 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...