General Function: Compile and analyze moderate to complex financial information to ensure accuracy prior to production; make recommendations to business leaders based on analysis of products or strategy; create ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; provide insightful analysis of key financial metrics with supporting documents to business unit leaders, field and senior management; perform tasks such as financial forecasting, trend analysis, reconciliation of internal accounts, system maintenance and participate in special projects as assigned while working under general supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forecasting and Analysis
- Create reporting and analysis of moderate to complex financial data to produce scheduled financial reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) for field management, senior management, and owners of business units
- Model moderate to complex sets of data to predict financial performance of new products, regulatory changes, and strategies. Summarize findings and provide guidance and recommendations to business leaders
- Ensure that financial models for new products, regulatory changes, or strategies are accurately incorporated into the Plan/forecast package including P&L and B/S impact
- Translate financial results into financial reporting and analysis that “tells the story”, offering feedback and guidance of key strategies
- Produce monthly P&L, variance analysis, and forecast recommendations for business partners
- Monitor, report, and quantify performance metrics and corresponding financial implications for operations management
- Compile portions of the monthly P&L, B/S, and SOCF forecast
- Collaborate with Accounting Department to validate month end close results
- Prepare comparative metrics, high‐level assumptions, and ROI for acquisition analysis
- Provide forward looking forecasts and ad hoc comparative analysis for Investor Relations
- Maintain and update reporting hierarchy and other databases as necessary
- Write SQL code to create tables and views for monthly reporting and analysis
- Maintain accuracy of FP&A SQL database, including tables and views necessary for reporting
- Serve as an administrator of the Cognos planning system
Special projects and other tasks as assigned:
- Identify trends and developments in competitive environments
- Prepare competitive analysis and present findings to senior management
- Provide revenue/expense analysis, projections, and reports
- Provide comparative metrics and analysis on competitor strategies
Supervisory Responsibilities: May lead the work of less experienced staff.
- Assist and participate in all initiatives and special projects related to the respective area:
- Project Participation/Management – The analyst will contribute and/or lead project initiatives. This will include project leadership responsibilities and project support roles including business case analysis, project tracking, process mapping, coordination and implementation of programs and initiatives. Interact with other business functions in supporting the development and implementation of process improvements.
- As appropriate for the area, may participate in other company initiatives (such as purchases, sales, etc.), other departmental projects affecting the area, system related support, upgrades, or projects, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 3-5 yrs of experience in the field or related area
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or business related area
• Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills
• Familiarity with Financial forecasting
• Understanding of Accounting
• Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Access and Power point)
• Microsoft SQL Knowledge a plus
• Must pay strong attention to detail
• Must have ability to multi-task
• Must be self directed and be able to construct meaningful analysis with broad guidance
• Good communication skills
• Normal office environment
• Extended viewing of computer screens
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Axcess Financial - 11 months ago
If your finances are touch-and-go, you can go to Check 'n Go. The subsidiary of CNG Financial provides customers with payday loans,...