The selected candidate will be responsible for filling the role of financial analyst supporting MAIO operations.
1. Reviews and analyzes financial documentation such as cost performance reports, schedule status reports and contract funds status reports. Evaluates program or project status based on cost analysis and performance assessment techniques.
2. Prepares reports and presentations analyzing contractor status to include performance/trend evaluations, independent cost-to-complete projections, and identification of potential problem areas.
3. Assists customer in contractor surveillance to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Provides on site evaluation as needed. Examines contractor internal data both to validate consistency of reports to the government and reasonableness of budgets allocated to cost accounts. May conduct fact-finding sessions, if required.
4. Analyzes assigned tasks to determine estimates of man-hours and material needed for completion. Monitors costs of tasks to prevent cost overruns. Compares cost to total budget and to milestone schedules. Monitors critical tasks regularly. Reviews and audits operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
5. Develops and maintains tracking system to monitor obligation expenditures.
6. Coordinates all submissions into a consolidated budget and financial report. Prepares regular and special budget reports. Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
7. Maintains financial records and journals of program or project operations. Prepares financial documents and financial inputs for acquisition plans, presentations and reports.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
1. Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years experience in the finance or accounting business area
2. Experience with Costpoint and Hyperion
3. Familiarity with various financial reports such as Contract Financial Summaries/Project Status Reports (PSRs), General Ledger reports, cost project estimating and Estimates to Complete
4. Advanced Excel skills
5. Good oral and written communication skills
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...