Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Financial Planning and Analysis including budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis. Financial advisor to business partner. Decision Support and review of all expenditure requests including Capital.
Financial Planning & Reporting:
• Decision Support for business units and financial management.
• Budgeting and forecasting of business units financials.
• Evaluate financial metrics for deeper analysis.
• Prepare and present monthly expenditures incurred against plan and forecasts and provide recommendations on how to control or reduce spending and accelerate revenues.
• Coordinate between Fixed Asset Accountant and business unit managers to properly account and classify capital expenditures.
• Prepares financial and business related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
• Prepares consolidated forecasts and budgets and analyzes trends and/or variances in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
• Pro-active financial management.
• Ability to adjust and adapt to market and economic conditions.
• Assist with process improvement initiatives and business metrics development
• Independently manage department finance while interacting with HQ and other department managers.
• Develop concepts and models for general management improvement e.g. project reporting guidelines, cost cutting evaluation etc.
• Utilize a decision support tool for management.
• Provide first point of contact for Finance issues for the business unit.
• Ad hoc analysis as required.
• Promote continuous improvement and innovative thinking.
• Attendance and contribution to business unit meetings & finance conference calls.
• Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills with finance staff, local group staff and customers.
• Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Ability to think innovatively and proactively.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance.
• Advanced MS Office knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Oracle, Cognos planning and reporting preferred.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting or finance required.
• Certification preferred.
• 3-5 years of advanced financial analysis/planning/accounting
Panasonic - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard