- Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. (“Aequitas Capital”), with nearly $500 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit.
The Financial Intern is responsible for providing financial analysis, modeling and other duties necessary to support Aequitas’ Finance and Capital Markets department. This internship is designed to provide a qualified MBA student with a practical finance and analysis experience within the alternative investment industry.
• Work on various capital deployment opportunities by providing support through financial modeling and assisting in transaction structuring and pricing
• Support analysts with industry and financial research
• Create presentations
• Provide ad hoc reporting as necessary
• Attend management and operational meetings
• Prepare necessary materials for, and participate in, various internal/external meetings
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Current bachelors program student. All candidates must be in good academic standing.
• None, but the plan to pursue a career as a Financial Analyst or Portfolio Manager within the private equity or asset management industries is a must.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Be adaptable, possess a positive, can-do attitude, have a willingness to learn and be able to maintain poise under pressure
• Demonstrate advanced Excel capabilities
• Understand and analyze balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flows and other pro forma financial statements across a variety of industries
• Be highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately multi-task
• Have the ability to complete multiple projects on time and with minimal supervision, which often serve different departments and contain conflicting deadlines
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
• Willingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...