A Financial Analyst responsible for departmental budgets, forecasts and variance analysis, profitability reporting and ad hoc financial analysis for department management and senior executives.
- Communicate with operational business units to understand, research and report on all business issues. Become subject matter expert for financial performance and trends of assigned areas of the business.
- Analyze monthly results of business operations for inclusion in Company financial reports.
- Prepare, coordinate and consolidate monthly forecasts and annual budgets for assigned areas of the business.
- Prepare financial reporting for senior management as required.
- Prepare product profitability reports and highlight emerging trends.
- Respond to internal and external customer ad-hoc requests as assigned.
- A degree in finance or accounting required.
- Minimum four years of financial experience, with an emphasis on financial modeling..
- Must demonstrate ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Shows history of applying strong networking, thinking, communication, and analytical skills to business issues.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to a changing environment and handle simultaneous requests and competing priorities in an effective, efficient manner.
- Proficiency in Windows, MicroSoft EXCEL and Word required. Working knowledge of Essbase and PeopleSoft a plus.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard