Self-motivated accountant/systems analyst who is skilled and experienced in operating and maintaining federal government financial management systems. Displays strong communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks in a challenging and rapidly changing federal accounting and systems operations environment.
Individual must have a solid foundation of federal government accounting knowledge and financial policy implementation and possess strong analytical and critical thinking skill. Individual must demonstrate the ability to work independently with little supervision and communicate effectively with peers, superiors and client to support financial management initiatives.
Individual has demonstrated experience in performing analyses in support of complex tasks related to:
- Federal government accounting experience (processing, monitoring, tracking, reconciling, reporting).
- Drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Senior management-level client status reporting, ad hoc meeting and interfacing, presentation development and delivery.
- Federal financial management system data analysis and reconciliation.
- Compliance with federal accounting standards, policies, and regulations for accounts receivable and billing activities.
- Experience in Federal budget execution preferred.
- Experience in process analysis preferred.
- Experience in implementing OMB Circular A-123 requirements preferred.
- Audit experience preferred
- SGL experience preferred.
- Over 5 years of work experience preferred
This resource should provide functional, technical, and/or administrative analytical support as directed in the above subject areas to assist with meeting client needs and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with designing and delivering solutions to resolve operational client challenges and requests.
- Perform functional, technical, and administrative tasks as assigned to support routine accounting operations related to budgetary accounting, budget execution, transaction processing and preparation of Journal Vouchers (JVs).
- Assist with performing analyses, research, reconciliation, and operational accounting tasks in response to and in support of client needs.
- Support development and delivery of presentations and status reports to client personnel, including senior management.
- Interface and communicate with clients to build and maintain relationships and communicate task status for assigned areas.
- Support status reporting development and delivery.
- Perform ad-hoc research tasks within legacy, mainframe, and feeder systems, and general ledger data.
· 5 or more years’ experience in Federal Financial Management
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
· Relevant Certifications such as: CPA, CGFM, PMP, CIA, etc.
AOC Solutions - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...