Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: FASD
Accelrys (NASDAQ: ACCL): Accelrys Inc., a global enterprise software company uniquely offers the industry’s only scientific informatics system that captures and enables more agile end-to-end scientific workflows, analytics and IP management to achieve better insights and outcomes from R&D. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology and materials science companies as well as top universities worldwide. This position will lead the world-wide revenue forecasting process as well as orders analysis for the business.
- Provide analytical support, monthly reporting and commentary; assist in the preparation of the monthly forecast and Annual Plan in partnership with the Research & Development and Marketing executives including forecasting, budgeting, monthly closing activities, P&L consolidation and special analysis .
- Provide insight and recommendations to the Head of FP&A and CFO.
- Prepare and present key management reports (Product performance review and Quarterly business review).
- Analysis of expense and profitability to ensure achievement of operating plans and early identification of risks and opportunities.
- Performing forecast risk review, financial modeling and financial analysis (NPV,ROI, IRR, Payback).
- Business case development for R&D projects and Marketing initiatives.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and the ability to draw upon knowledge in order to produce accurate forecasts.
- Ability to create, and execute new processes.
- Ad-hoc and special projects as requested by management.
At Accelrys, we believe better solutions and decisions are born of diversity and are proudly an EEO/AA employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Life Science, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or software industry experience desired.
- IBM-TM1 Cognos and Oracle-Hyperion Essbase skills highly desired.
- Experience preparing complex financial reports.
- Recent direct experience in forecasting and budgeting multiple departments and entities, using variance analysis to drive business improvement is required.
Please refer to the following link in order to apply: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/ACC1007/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan or
Monster - 7 months ago