Come join Apple Finance as a member of one of the most visible departments in the organization. Our Corporate FP&A team currently has an opening for a financial analyst supporting our units forecasting function.
MS Excel expert
Familiarity with Keynote, Numbers a plus
Strong Leadership skill - ability to influence teams/organizations and SnrMgmt based on good / solid fact and analysis; drive first class deliverables
Strong analytical background; Mastery of statistical concepts related to demand forecasting a strong plus
Exceptionally detail oriented, with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis and obsessing over details
Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information/ambiguity in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Process re-engineering - ability to continually challenge the status quo process and ensuring continual value add & efficiency
Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
Extremely curious - is not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
Best in class communication and presentation skills
Comfortable interacting with all levels of Apple’s organization and taking high-visibility leadership roles as appropriate
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality around product launches, corporate forecasts and other strategic initiatives
Familiarity with Business Objects, Essbase, SAP BW, Demantra or SAS a strong plus
This is a highly visible and challenging position, rich in analytics and process improvement opportunities in a key financial function of the company. This role works closely with Supply Demand Management, World Wide Sales Finance, and World Wide Product Marketing and requires solid business acumen, analytical skill, and ability to influence.
- Modeling demand forecast for assigned products, by region and by channel. This includes analysis in support of forecast reviews with the VP & Geo forecast teams, weekly communication with Geo Forecast teams in support of the Worldwide Unit Forecasting process, and the quarterly forecast process
- Regular communication with the forecasters in each region and channel, to understand their forecast, identify and resolve differences in assumptions of demand, and drive improved overall accuracy in the forecast. Monitor performance by country and channel, to identify areas of strong performance. Work with the regional teams to understand this performance, and use this information to drive overall sales performance across Apple.
- Responsible for a wide-range of analytical activities in support of the weekly unit forecast process and corporate planning activities. This includes analytics on unit performance trends, eg mix trends, cannibalization assessment, market share performance, WW promotion support, demand generation activities and elasticity on sales trends
- Take on responsibility as a member of Apple’s Guidance Review Team (GRT). This person will play a key role in the development of Apple’s corporate forecast and guidance modeling. They will be responsible for additional GRT activities as needed, such as presentation preparation, adhoc analysis
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to drive insight and maximize efficiency. Development and management of weekly guidance tracking platform; analytics, KPIs & management reporting
- Perform activities critical to Apple’s quarter end: Responsible for FP&A quarter end deliverables (eg management reporting) in support of external reporting, analysis of quarter activities in support of quarter close review with executive and senior management
- Ad hoc analysis as required
Apple - 15 months ago
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...