The Financial Analyst is accountable to analyze and report on the financial performance and condition of their business client, to support the month-end and quarter-end close process including regulatory and external reports and attestation to the validity of the results. This role will provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial matters including future course of action to support strategic decision making within BMO US.
Business Delivery & Operational Effectiveness
Client & Relationship Management
- Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of monthly financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes,
- Develop/utilize financial models as required by the business to support strategic decision making, providing meaningful insights to the business and continually offering value added ideas, advice and solutions.
- Provide and document monthly analysis of the condition of various areas within the client group for information packages including the executive package and performance monitor.
- Develop monthly run-rate forecast at a business/group level to support overall financial performance monitoring.
- Prepare/support preparation of monthly Financial Statements, (including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary), in accordance with GAAP and within the agreed upon timelines, reviewing all information against budget and back-ups to check for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
Risk Management and Control
- Participate on projects and act as a subject matter exert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to clients to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Support business group financial performance management activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice and counsel.
Change & Innovation
- Provide attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures to the Relationship Manager/Senior Manager, Financial Performance Management.
- Provide information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently
- Complete/support the completion of all regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies
Knowledge and Skills
At BMO Harris Bank, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 130 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-2 years in a financial analyst role
- Advance user knowledge of Excel and Access required
- Proficiency in Essbase a big plus
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Management
- Organizational Understanding
- Problem Solving
To find out more visit our website at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
Finance and Accounting
BMO Financial Group - 9 months ago
The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded in 1817 in...