The Financial Analysis and Reporting team provides regular and ad hoc information and analysis to senior management to support the decision making process. As the economy continues to evolve, the senior management team looks to the financial analysis group for more in-depth information on trends, projections and impact of various decision factors. In addition, this position plays an important role in improving transparency by communicating key financial information throughout the firm and to our parent, MassMutual.
This position is responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages that are distributed to senior management, our parent company and throughout the entire firm. The reports include graphical and numerical presentations accompanied by analysis that provides insight into the firm’s financial results and drivers. In addition, there are a number of ad hoc projects that could include analyzing the effect of current or potential economic conditions on the business, new business opportunities, and various deep dive analyses into specific revenue or expense items to assist management in the decision making process. The position will report to the Managing Director of the Financial Reporting and Analysis Team.
- Provide business and financial analysis, including the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages that are distributed to different groups within Babson Capital and to MassMutual. The reports compare actual results versus plan, forecast and prior year and include an analysis of the key components of the business.
- Identify, analyze and report on key performance drivers and metrics.
- Preparation of reporting packages for both Babson Capital and MassMutual boards.
- Ad hoc support and analysis for the investment business units.
- Provide analytical support on a wide range of projects and cross-functional initiatives.
- Complete and interpret industry surveys; prepare summary presentations for senior management.
- Proactively search out ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Strong knowledge of the investment management industry
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of resources to complete the analysis work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills use for the collection and communicating of information
- At least 5 years’ experience in a corporate financial reporting role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- Basic knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Strong MS office skills including graphic presentations
- Experience with SAP a plus
Babson Capital Management - 8 months ago