Collects, organizes and processes data for financial/patient safety performance reports, special analyses, surveys, and budget preparation. Requires computer literacy and an understanding of financial reporting. Good communication skills are also important. This position will have clerical functions to support the Director of Decision Support.
Education or Formal Training
1. Business degree in accounting/finance, or
2. Degree with equivalent business experience
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Intermediate PC and Excel skills required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. PC proficiency in creating/maintaining financial spreadsheets, creating various graphs from data, and understanding database management techniques.
2. Knowledge of accounting and financial principals. At a minimum, college courses or some work experience in this area.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, possessing both written and verbal skills.
4. Must be able to easily grasp new concepts and/or project goals and able to work within given timeframes.
5. Ability in time management, working with several projects and assignments that are in progress at the same time.
6. Must be proactive and flexible in daily work environment.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
PC, adding machine, Internet
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Visual acuity required for work at computer terminal for up to 8 hours a day and to read reports with compressed (20 CPI) printing. Ability to lift 20 pounds.