The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing insights and solutions to areas requiring analysis of business and financial activities. The individual in this role participates in annual planning, monthly forecasting, and the monthly close process and ensures financially sound business plans. This includes building collaborative relationships with internal customers and ensuring accurate financial forecasts and monthly variance explanations.
- Develop financials for the long range plan, annual budget, quarterly forecasts and projections to support Capella’s revenue growth and business operations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal analysis/reports.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis to assist internal customers in decision making.
- Develop projections or models for business development initiatives.
- Work closely with business and school management to assess their financial needs and strategies while seeking ways to increase company profitability.
- Create analytical models to forecast school instructional costs, learners per course and faculty workload. Proactively work with school leadership to obtain and analyze inputs/drivers for these models.
- Create and monitor key metrics related to University functional departments as well as work to create efficiencies within those departments to drive metrics down.
- Proactively handle situations dealing with cost savings or revenue generating ideas.
- Monthly and quarterly close responsibilities, including variance analysis and accruals.
- Collaborate with accounting peers to make improvements in the month-end process.
**This position is located/based in Minneapolis, MN and Capella does not offer relocation assistance for this role.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field strongly preferred, or equivalent experience. In addition, MBA with Finance concentration or MS in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years of progressive financial analysis experience in a high-growth, for-profit environment.
- Thorough understanding of financial planning and analysis, financial modeling, and financial reporting process.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with ability to organize information, manage tasks and projects, and effectively utilize tools and resources.
- Strong analytical and quantitative competencies.
- Ability to gather and analyze relevant information systematically.
- Exceptionally proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial reporting software such as PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Able to express ideas in a concise and organized manner.
- Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; continuously finds ways to improve.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 18 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...