The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Global Dairy Products Group - Protein and Supply Chain groups to provide analytical support in the areas of plant operational performance and supply chain savings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to the Vice President of Operations - Protein.
- Provide weekly & monthly plant operating summaries and inventory reports.
- Assist with month end close and reporting for the Protein division.
- Work with Supply Chain to provide analysis of cost savings initiatives.
- Verify vendor contract compliance.
- Verify and report savings related to capital investments, competitive bids and cost savings projects.
- Engage in ad-hoc analyses and reporting as needed to support the growth and development of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related.
- 2-3 years accounting, manufacturing experience preferred.
- 2+ years in financial role requiring extensive analysis, including the ability to research and analyze data.
- SAP experience strongly preferred (including BW/BEX).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and critical reasoning skills.
- Provide timely, high quality and comprehensive information that allows others to take action.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Anticipate and recommend needed changes.
- Innovative: thinks outside the box, demonstrates critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that will allow them to express the key points in a clear manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective human relations skills, including good listening ability and the capability to convince others to establish or change precedents.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to work independently as required to support the group’s objectives.
Dairy Farmers of America - 19 months ago