Encore Capital Group is a leading provider of debt management and recovery solutions for consumers and property owners across a broad range of assets. Through its subsidiaries, the company purchases portfolios of consumer receivables from major banks, credit unions, and utility providers, and partners with individuals as they repay their obligations and work toward financial recovery. Through its Propel Financial Services subsidiary, the company assists property owners who are delinquent on their property taxes by structuring affordable monthly payment plans. Encore’s success and future growth are driven by its sophisticated and widespread use of analytics, its broad investments in data and behavioral science, the significant cost advantages provided by its highly-efficient operating model and proven investment strategy, and the company’s demonstrated commitment to conducting business ethically and in ways that support its consumers’ financial recovery.
Headquartered in San Diego, Encore is a publicly traded NASDAQ Global Select company (ticker symbol: ECPG) and a component stock of the Russell 2000, the S&P SmallCap 600, and the Wilshire 4500. More information about the company can be found at http://encorecapital.com .
The Financial Analyst will provide financial and analytical support for the business and capabilities in our San Antonio, TX office. The position requires the ability to work with complex financial and non-financial data, link analyses to knowledge of the business, and determine actions based on trends and results. The Financial Analyst will take a proactive approach in assuming responsibility for finding solutions rather than just identifying problems or issues. In addition to core financial skills, an understanding of forecasting, budgeting, accounting, and control principles is important. Since this role will involve interaction with both Finance and Business teams throughout the Company, strong communication skills are critical for success.
The Financial Analyst will also have the ability to assist with other areas of the business including assisting with the loan processing department to learn how each account is processed, underwritten, approved, and funded.
Primary responsibilities include:
Required skills, education, and experience:
- Stratify the company portfolio and analyze the profitability of different sized accounts through discounted cash flow models.
- Analyze the behavior of our portfolio to develop a typical redemption curve for an average account.
- Coordinate and elaborate monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts of financial statements.
- Translate the multitude of requirements for multiple departments into integrated functional and logical specifications and solutions.
- Analyze and transforms large amount of data into concise and accurate information that supports decision making for different business departments, such as Finance, Marketing and Operations.
- Prepares business presentations for top executives by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Help research and analyze new business opportunities in different industries. The Financial Analyst may assist with qualitative and quantitative opportunity analysis, including the potential profitability of new markets.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a successful and growing organization, please submit your resume and salary history for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code FA-RS in the subject line. Encore Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Access, Salesforce and TMO preferred
Encore Capital Group - 13 months ago
Credit junkies, beware: Encore Capital Group has your number. The firm and its Midland Credit Management subsidiary purchase at a discount...