Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Financial Analyst career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
The purpose of this position is to:
• Interface with executives, managers and staff within the various Shared Service Departments (currently, this includes Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, Facilities, Brand Selling and Customer Development) to access financial and operational data in order to evaluate performance and identify improvement opportunities.
• Perform the month end close, reporting/analysis and annual budgeting/forecasting of the various Shared Service Departments. This includes preparing monthly journal entries, reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and providing variance explanations.
• Develop a business partner relationship with the various Shared Service Department VP’s and Managers by providing them with the means to understand their departmental expenses and to provide guidance monitoring expenses to ensure budget overspends do not happen.
• Consistent with all positions in this classification, additional projects, tasks and/or duties beyond what is outlined here may be assigned as required.
• Work with Managers and VP’s providing advice to assist them in achieving budget and business objectives.
• Maintain operating expense budget templates for use by Shared Services and Business Units.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
• Strong knowledge of accounting rules.
• Minimum of three years of experience in general ledger, financial analysis or public practice.
• Excellent personal computer skills – advanced spreadsheet, word processing.
• A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow in the accounting profession.
• A team player must be able to work with both financial and non-financial people.
• A fast learner, able to learn the business in a short time.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to present findings.
• Experience in an integrated systems environment desired. Oracle applications experience a plus
• Willing to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines.