· Bachelors degree in Finance, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline, MBA/CFA professional certification preferred
· Minimum of 2-4 years financial analysis, quantitative analysis, or asset / liability management experience in the financial services industry
· Strong computer skills, including Excel, Visual Basic, Access, and SAS (desired)
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communications.
The position of Financial Analyst – Asset Liability Management will provide support for the Asset-Liability Management (Interest Rate Risk) function. The position requires extensive financial and data analysis with the task of providing senior management with information to manage the Bank’s overall market risk profile. Primary function will be the periodic modeling of Interest Rate Risk for internal Management and regulatory reporting. Position will provide extensive support for the balance sheet planning process, ongoing financial analysis, preparation of monthly ALCO reports, and ad hoc analyses as deemed necessary. Completion of some projects may require working outside of general parameters, including overtime.
· Utilize QRM’s “Risk Framework” ALM model that provides critical output used to assess the risk inherent in the Bank’s balance sheet in changing interest rate environments.
· Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of quantitative models including balance growth and decay functions, pricing functions, and prepayment functions used for market value and earnings simulations
· Preparation and analysis of ALM reports based on ALM modeling results. Analysis of the results will require a detailed knowledge of the underlying data. Reports are distributed as part of the periodic reporting package to ALCO and the Board of Directors. Reports are done on a monthly and quarterly basis.
· Maintain loan and deposit databases necessary as an analytic tool. One example of how these databases may be used is to produce and/or update deposit behavior to ensure that core deposit assumptions remain current.
· Provide balance sheet runoff and deposit balance projections to the budgeting group during the forecast process.
· Preparation of quarterly Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) fair market valuation.
· Provide support for external IRR reporting as part of 10Qs and 10Ks.
· Maintain modeling procedures throughout the year.
· Maintain a schedule of key assumptions used in the ALM model. Updates model structure and assumptions set as deemed necessary.
· Ad Hoc development and analysis of many assorted financial reports and studies to further assist the IRR analysis and other Treasury functions.
Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements
First Niagara Financial Group - 2 years ago