- Bachelor’s degree. Finance, economics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in financial analysis, with bank finance background.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and Access.
- Database management experience and query expertise.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications.
The position of Financial Analyst – Product Pricing will provide support to the Treasurer and the business lines regarding product pricing. The position requires extensive financial and data analysis with the task of providing senior management with information to manage the Bank’s interest rate pricing on loan and deposit products. Detailed knowledge of the bank’s funds transfer pricing methodology is required. Position will provide extensive support for the balance sheet planning process, ongoing financial analysis, preparation of monthly ALCO reports, and ad hoc analyses as deemed necessary. Completion of some projects may require working outside of general parameters, including overtime.
Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements
- Creation of product pricing reports including:
- CD roll-off roll-on schedule
- Weekly deposit balance reports
- CD Spread reports
- Deposit competitive analysis
- Maintain and enhance loan pricing models
- Serve as main contact for commercial RMs and credit analysts for commercial model questions
- Monitor loan pricing determining resulting internal rate of return
- Product exception monitoring and reporting
- Assist commercial relationship managers with derivative products. Entails educating, advising and providing swap indications. · Maintain loan and deposit databases necessary as an analytic tool. One example of how these databases may be used is to produce and/or update deposit behavior to ensure that core deposit assumptions remain current.
First Niagara Financial Group - 21 months ago