Minimum Qualifications |
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of forecasting and planning experience required.
- 3+ years of banking experience preferred.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft products. Experience in using business intelligence tools (Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Planning, Essbase, etc.) to derive relevant information from enterprise data sources.
· Independent team member with a results-oriented, delivery focus. Project leadership experience preferred.
- Extensive experience using operational accounting systems and multi-dimensional databases.
- Ability to take high-level descriptions of desired end results, and independently determine the path and details required to accomplish the results.
· Ability to adapt quickly and succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete responsibilities timely to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to think creatively and analytically.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to collaborate with multiple lines of business and teams within the bank
First Niagara is seeking a dynamic candidate for an opportunity in its Financial Planning & Analysis team to support substantial growth of the company, as well as to leverage growing demand for analysis using recently implemented state-of-the-art business intelligence tools and data. Specifically, the position resides in the Partnership Services support team in FP&A. We are looking for a seasoned financial analysis professional to identify opportunities to improve financial performance and to drive necessary change to deliver results. In addition, the Financial Analyst will develop financial models, play a key role in planning and forecasting, and analyze the business unit financial results.
- Provide analytic support to the Financial Planning and Analysis team within the Finance department. Develop in-depth expertise of the Bank’s financial statements and various Business units in order to provide insight and strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with various Partnership Service teams (ex. Operations, Facilities, Risk, etc) to p rovide timely explanations of variances between actual results and budgets/forecasts.
- With little guidance, produce complex analysis, models, and reports that are error free and suitable for executive management.
- Participate in the annual plan and in short-term and long-term forecasting. Responsible for managing various processes related to the Plan process (i.e. capital planning, full time equivalent analysis, etc.).
- Collaborate with Line of Business partners to develop business cases for projects that require investment. Provide analytical decision support for major decisions.
- Troubleshoot, and fix data problems within source systems.
· Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
- Effectively communicate and develop business relationships across departments, business units and reporting levels.