Who We Are:
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, Harlan Laboratories is a privately held global provider of essential pre-clinical research tools and services that enable innovative and efficient discovery and development research. We work with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, agrochemical, chemical and food industries, as well as universities, government, and other research organizations. We have expanded through both acquisitions and organic growth, and we are known to our customers for our consistent product quality and customer service. Our focus is on providing customers with products and services to optimize the discovery and safety of new medicines and compounds.
Is Harlan Right For You?
Are you enthusiastic and high energy? Do you have a zest for making a difference? Are you passionate about delivering meaningful results and contributing to the success of an organization? Then consider a career at Harlan and together, we can achieve extraordinary outcomes.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and operating group financial results for senior leadership as well as operating group leaders.
- Partner with operating group leaders to examine financial performance and to recommend actions that promote improved financial results through an understanding of the business.
- Work with business partners and senior leadership to prepare quarterly and annual budgets/forecasts.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships with operating group leaders by providing decision support through accurate and timely information.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and International policies and requirements, overall corporate guidelines, compliance, and accounting policies/procedures,
- Design, develop and maintain close partnerships with key RMS & Corporate finance partners and with the RMS operational staff
- Identify business and process needs and develops solutions that require full integration of the company's strategies
- Perform other duties and provide assistance to the RMS Finance Director, CFO, and other senior leadership as needed.
Harlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 4+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience, within an international company environment
- Experience in budgeting, reporting, and analysis with demonstrated strong quantitative and problem solving skills required.
- Experience successfully working in a dynamic environment.
- Proven self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven track record of producing high quality / accurate work.
- Experience working with and supporting senior management required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with diverse people across different functions/cultures
- Demonstrated ability to look ahead and plan complex tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hyperion Planning and Reporting experience and understanding required.
- Experience with JD Edwards and COGNOS a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company environment a plus.
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred