Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: FIN1759
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Area of Interest: Finance
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
State / Province: California
Country: United States
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Reports To: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyzes and evaluates the company’s operating results and financial position.
- Analyzes options for company improvement on expenses.
- Performs product line profitability analyses.
- Plans, develops, prepares, and maintains company’s budgets.
- Forecasts accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, and expense projections.
- Performs ad hoc projects as needed.
- Performs monthly reporting duties for executive management review.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times, especially during budgeting season.
- General knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities without loss of accuracy or time.
- Ability to work on a team
- Willingness to travel 0-10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA
- Willingness to submit to a background screening and a drug test
- 2 years ago - save job