As a Financial Analyst you will prepare, analyze and review financial data, transactions and reports, including ad hoc data requests. Identify ways to re-engineer current reports and process. Manage control between the platforms to assure data integrity.
• Maintain the general ledger to include preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, supports the month end close process
• Prepare and present financial data to management for review and decision making
• Research and analyze financial information necessary to support internal and external audit activity
• Builds relationships and provides financial training and analysis with providers
• Compiling reports for market performance and analyzing trends
• Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
• Drives for excellence: You are a continuous learner who encourages others to learn. By constantly upgrading your own work, you achieve results and outperform the competition.
• Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
• Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field or equivalent experience
• Prior financial reporting experience
• Strong attention to detail & problem solving expertise
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Access, Excel & Word
• Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
• Experience with VBA and SQL
• Knowledge of SAS
• Ability to automate and streamline processes & reports.
• You will report to a Finance/Accounting Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Financial Officer
At Humana, we’re also committed to making the resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.
Work Environment Type
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Humana - 7 months ago
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...