Job Title |
Atlanta - GA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
The successful Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of US GAAP disclosures required in Form 10-Q and Form 10-K of the company and its subsidiaries. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the ongoing build-out of the US GAAP reporting process, including expanded usage of our existing financial reporting tools and participation in process improvement initiatives. Other responsibilities will include various other financial reporting-related initiatives or special projects.
Liaison with other functional departments to ensure the quality, accuracy and completeness of the financial reporting disclosures.
Benchmark financial reporting disclosures against competitors.
Develop and utilize various analytical reports to assist with the understanding and validation of certain US GAAP disclosures.
Assist in preparation for the consolidated US entity expected IPO process.
Accurate and timely delivery of financial information including analyzing and reporting of financial activities, for SEC filings.
Review, research, interpretation and implementation of SEC filing requirements.
Responsible for coordinating, conducting, and documenting financial reporting activities.
Assist in various projects as key team member that meet ultimate objectives of the team, department and organization.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Bachelors Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
Total of 3-5 years of experience, including public accounting, or reporting environment; competent in preparing financial statement disclosures; understanding of US GAAP.
Adheres to established reporting methods and control procedures; helps establish and modify procedures as necessary.
Recommends process improvements; provides functional advice or training to less experienced financial analysts
Participates along with other senior analysts and managers in advanced problem solving and complex analysis.
Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and still meet required deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with other departments.
A self-starter, self motivated, self disciplined and performance driven.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PC Skills, including strong Microsoft Excel required; PeopleSoft and Hyperion skills beneficial.
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 20 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...