Job Title |
Atlanta - GA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING U.S. (NYSE: VOYA), which plans to rebrand in the future as Voya Financial, is a premier retirement, investment and insurance company serving the financial needs of approximately 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States. The company’s vision is to be America’s Retirement Company and its guiding principle is centered on solving the most daunting financial challenge facing Americans today — retirement readiness. Working directly with clients and through a broad group of financial intermediaries, independent producers, affiliated advisors and dedicated sales specialists, ING U.S. provides a comprehensive portfolio of asset accumulation, asset protection and asset distribution products and services. With a dedicated workforce of approximately 7,000 employees, ING U.S. is grounded in a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family and one institution at a time. For more information, visit http://ing.us.
What are the job responsibilities?
Proactively work with business partners to reflect business changes in key controls.
Partner with business clients to improve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) / Model Audit Rule (MAR) control environment.
Provides assistance for the external auditors as needed relational to SOX / MAR testing and review.
Special projects as needed to support Management of the Financial Control Risk team.
Executes the test of design and test of effectiveness of in-scope business processes (as defined within the Business Unit (BU) Narratives, Control Analysis and Data Flowcharts.) Conducts walkthrough reviews of the BU Narratives.
Creates test scripts based on information obtained within the BU Narratives and Control Analysis.
Completes testing by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and verifying information. This information is examined to determine whether records and reports contain accurate, reliable, timely, and complete information; and to determine whether controls over records, reports and documentation are adequate and effective.
Documents the procedures used in each SOX / MAR testing assignment and participates in the preparation of detailed hard copy and electronic work papers to include: testing performed, detailed issues, evidence, and associated risk.
Develops and maintains automated work paper files to facilitate a thorough and efficient SOX / MAR audit process.
Communicates the results of SOX / MAR reviews and tasks as designated to include: FSCP testing; SOX / MAR Management Testing; Business Owned Application (BOA) review; Scorecard Evaluation/Assessment; and Controls Optimization/Rationalization review.
Performs follow up of outstanding issues to assure timely implementation of remediation plans and ensure proper resolution.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Education: Bachelors Degree (Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or Business) or equivalent work experience required.
Skills: Required skills to consist of the following:
Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (Preferred).
Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
Good problem-solving skills.
Planning and project management; capability to maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
Commitment to meeting deadlines and work additional hours during peak periods.
Proficient with MS Office tools: MS Word, MS Excel, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with coworkers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Detail-oriented and ‘hands-on’ approach to work.
Preferred Work Experience:
1+ years experience in specific related business area(s) or Audit (Internal/External), Accounting, Financial Reporting or related business area(s). Experience working with SOX/MAR processes or public company internal controls is preferred. Public Accounting (Big 4) experience a plus.
Professional Designations / Advanced Degrees: If professional designation has not been obtained, active pursuit of one of the following: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA and ARM (or comparable designation).
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING U.S. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. ING U.S. has been recognized for many of our diversity practices:
• ING U.S. has earned a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Corporate Equality Index for seven straight years (2007-2013).
• ING U.S. has received a Catalyst Award that honors exceptional initiatives from companies that support and advance women in business.
• Diversity Inc Noteworthy Top 25 Companies (2011)
• National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Financial Services Diversity Corporation of the Year, 2011 " Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
Voya Financial Advisors
- 20 months ago - save job
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...