Job Title Financial Analyst
Windsor - CT
BU Expense Mgmt
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
o Analyze expense results for Retirement Solutions business line reporting. Prepare moderately complex reports/analyses to summarize current and projected business line expense results. Includes executive level summaries, as well as, specific detail summary reports, depending on need.
- The Financial Analyst will perform consultative, data aggregation and analytical activities to support the needs of the Retirement Solutions Strategic Cost Management Team.
o Provide monthly expense reports and variance commentary for Retirement Solutions to Manager to be used for monthly earnings meetings, customer scorecard meetings, etc.
o Researches and prepares financial reports/analyses on subjects such as expense trends for major spend categories, impacts of new/lost business on expenses, and yearly expense comparisons among business lines.
o Recommends and implements methods and procedures to streamline and enhance reporting capabilities and processes. Shares technical expertise with others.
o Assists other team members and managers in initiating and executing strategic cost savings proposals for Retirement Solutions and ING
o Establishes, modifies, documents and maintains process methods and control procedures.
o Other duties as assigned
Who is our ideal candidate?
o Bachelors degree, good understanding of finance principles
- Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, hardworking individual who enjoys a challenging, fast paced environment
o Proficient PC Skills – Advanced Excel skills desired, word, PowerPoint, access/data base management, Hyperion Essbase (preferred)
o 1-3 finance experience preferred
o Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate with multi-layers of the organization
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...