The Financial Analyst has responsibility to support the FP&A team on all phases of financial and operational reporting, planning, and analysis of the Company's activities, and other ad hoc projects, and reports directly to the Manager, Financial Planning. The position requires exceptional attention to details and accuracy, coupled with strong analytical and presentation skills, as interfacing with functions across the company is critical to the candidate’s evolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Financial modeling, analytics, and general internal Corporate Finance support for the FP&A group.
• Support the preparation of reviews with budget managers to analyze actual results and variances to budgets and forecast; updates of quarterly rolling forecasts.
• Reconciliation and analysis of resource allocations by operating functions and by project.
• Extraction and compilation of data and reports out of enterprise systems Oracle E1, Cognos Planning, Cognos BI, Cognos TM1, SalesForce.com and MS Access, to be distributed to a wide audience ranging from the Finance team to Senior Management.
• Creation and customization of report templates in Cognos BI.
• Creation and customization of distributed forecast models in Cognos Planning and Cognos TM1
• Assembly and review of slide presentations and standardized reports/analyses to support key corporate meetings and milestones, including Board of Directors, Quarterly Business Review, Product Activity Councils, monthly Finance reviews with the CFO, and monthly performance tracking of various groups.
• Analysis of large volumes of data (data mining) for data integrity, completion, and reporting.
• Support of the monthly/quarterly close process as it pertains to operating expense management, general ledger reviews, and revenue recognition processes and projections.
• Gain a thorough understanding of the business segments, products and KPIs to provide support and reporting capabilities to Sale organization
• Financial analysis to understand costs, benefits, and return on investment for strategic projects.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) from a four-year College or University.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• College degree in Finance or Accounting with 1-3 year experience, including internships.
• Outstanding commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
• Exceptional work ethics, accustomed to delivering above and beyond expectations, with a highly motivated, hands-on attitude.
• Well-rounded fast-learner, with both strong analytical and interpersonal skills, exhibiting clear leadership potential.
• Self-directed and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Proven ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks.
• Creative, disciplined and resourceful.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access a plus.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 15 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...