SUMMARY OF POSITION: InfraSource Underground Services, Inc. (“IUS”) is a Quanta Services Company and provides infrastructure construction and support services to owners and builders of energy, power, pipeline facilities throughout North America. IUS, operating under its 3 business segments, is a $300 million dollar organization that focuses on gas transmission and distribution with a support center located in Ypsilanti, MI (western suburb of Detroit).
The Financial Analyst position will be located in King of Prussia, PA, the home office for the Distribution Operations. The position will be responsible for job cost reporting. assisting with the month-end close and account reconciliations, financial analysis and reporting, and SOX compliance functions within the region and will partner with Operations in helping to drive the successful performance of the region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In coordination with the Controller, establish and maintain the region's accounting principles, procedures, practices, reporting and compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting with several years of financial experience and has demonstrated career path of increasing responsibility. Prefer a minimum of 2 years experience in the construction industry. Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy. Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel. Must be able to think creatively but be a detail oriented person. Must be a self starter, high energy and have the ability to organize and prioritize work. Some travel will be required.
- Preparation and analysis of reports that summarize results and forecast for the region's business activity and financial position in regards to income and expenses.
- Preparation and analysis of reports for the Distribution Division that summarize and compare the actual results versus forecast and budget and working with Operations to gather explanations on variances.
- Participate in a wide variety of specific financial analysis projects and compile a variety of specific reports.
- Monitor and report actual results vs. key business performance indicators. Provide management with continuous improvement plans to sustain and drive improvements throughout the business.
- Analyze financial reports for variances from forecasted, budgeted, and benchmarked performance and provide recommendations to Controller and Operations.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations to verify the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Review operating expenses and provide recommendation to management on ideas for cost reductions.
- Prepare weekly job cost and analyze contracts performance.
- Assist in business unit internal and external audit compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
Infrasource - 30+ days ago