We are seeking and talented and motivated Finance professional to join LearnVest. This position is primarily focused on the complete financial forecasting, building out operating models and margin analysis.
The right person for this role will demonstrate a strong aptitude for fiscal management, detailed data compilation, review and analysis, independence, good business judgment, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. You must have excellent analytical and communication skills, business acumen, and proactively partner with senior business leaders.
- Manage and build financial forecasts, operating models, and margin analyses
- Help lead the annual budgeting process by providing guidance, support and analytics
- Coordinate with accounting team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports
- Track business performance against operating plans and prepare variance analyses for management and other financial stakeholders
- Conduct industry research on the financial services and media industries, creating insights to support executives’ strategic decision making
- Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships to provide decision support to provide decision support
- Initiate continual process improvement efforts, enhancing timeliness and accuracy of financial results
- Investigate discrepancies and provide variance explanations through analysis of performance drivers
- Create presentations for upper management and the board of directors
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- BA or BS degree; finance and accounting coursework preferred
- At least 2 years of applicable experience, including investment banking or corporate finance working with financial models.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to multitask
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills; analytic creativity and insight
- Highly organized team player
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint