Basic Job Function
The focus of this role’s efforts is for a 2 year staffanalyst with accounting experience including Journal Entries, Reconciliations,financial reporting. A blendedbackground with both accounting and finance (forecasting/budgeting) ispreferred. Role will focus on expense management and process efficiencies. Prefer: PeopleSoft and Hyperion Essbase, Excel – pivots, vlookups, etc.
• Secures relevant information and identifies key issues that are directly related to problem assessment.
• Prepares and analyzes schedules, reports or journal entries. Understands impact of actions and analysis to overall financials.
• Performs special projects as requested by manager.
• Understands financial/accounting systems and software relevant to area as well as relationships between the systems.
• Engages in basic research from multiple sources of information for purpose of identifying cause and effect relationships.
• Provides financial reporting (ex. budgets, actuals, customer usage) to meet client expectations and deadlines.
• Identifies problem areas when looking at information, seeing patterns, trends or missing pieces, noticing when a current situation is similar to a past situation and identifies the similarities. Questions inconsistency in financial data elements.
• Gathers and interprets information, makes preliminary assessments and completes reconciliations.
• Prepares and analyzes schedules, reports and/or journal entries and understands their impact on the overall financials.
• Identifies problem areas and trends when looking at information and questions inconsistencies.
• Communicates information with manager oversight to individuals outside of the finance department.
• Engages in preliminary research to locate and report relevant data in an effort to support a finding or conclusion as directed by their manager.
• Takes the initiative to check data results against other reports to ensure accuracy before distribution.
• Perform other related duties and projects as assigned or required.
• Education: Four year degree or equivalent experience
• Experience: 3-5 years direct experience
• Accounting Asst/Competencies/Knowledge & Skills
• Understands financial/accounting systems and software relevant to area as well as relationships between the systems
Ability to complete financial analysis with minimal direction
- Attention to details
- Analytical Thinking
• Organizational Awareness
• Analysis Problem Assessment
• Conceptual Thinking
• Decision Making (Problem Solving)
• Clear communication of issues and analysis
LexisNexis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
LexisNexis - 30+ days ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...