Key Success Factors
- Reporting & Consolidations
- Ensure timely & accurate consolidations of financial reports for weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports/packages to senior management.
- Work effectively with corporate finance on their requests, including variance analysis, P&Ls, and adhoc requests
- 3 Year Strategic Plan & Annual operating plan: coordinating the calendar, driving timelines across various BU finance, & assist in target setting.
- Headcount tracking within the division
- Software Business
- Sales analytics on quarterly trends, by customers & market segments
- NPI business model development
- Expense support for R&D
- Adhoc analysis as needed to support the business
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player. Must possess problem solving skills and be results oriented
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Providing timely, accurate, relevant information and analysis is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Self-initiative and sense of ownership in work
- Work well under pressure and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well as the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- BA degree in finance/accounting or other business related discipline (MBA plus)
- 2-5 years of finance related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1. Experience with Siebel a plus.
- Prior life science/biotech industry a plus
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...