As the Financial Analyst, you will track and analyze actual results vs. expectations to determine how and why of what occurred (i.e., the interpretation of the financial results of the company, not simply the accounting for them. You will also advise management on how the actual results vs. expectations affects the financials going forward.
· Participate in the production of high quality financial analysis and reliable forecast and plan estimates by carefully following controls and processes and doing so efficiently
· Support Investor Relations, Treasury, the various businesses (Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services, Enterprise, and Corporate)
· Perform analysis and validation of consolidated amounts by segment and legal entity to ensure information is sufficient, compliant, accurate and reliable
· Contribute to special projects assigned, by being collaborative and organized and working in a careful, controlled and efficient manner
· Implement process improvements to reduce workload or improve quality across our team or the organization
· Remaining current in profession and industry trends
· Contributing to team as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement and learning new skills, procedures and processes
· Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience required. Education concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
· CPA/CFA designation and/or MBA or progress towards obtaining is desirable.
· 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
· Educational experience and/or proficiency in:
o Accounting and/or Financial Analysis
o Analytical and decision making
o Organization and strong communication
o Prioritizing and managing workload to meet deadlines
o Financial and operation processes
o Microsoft Excel
o Hyperion Essbase preferred
· A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
· Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
· Drives performance targets to completion
Lincoln Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization headquartered in the Philadelphia region. With $150 billion as of...