The Analyst will assist Senior Staff and the Client Team Lead in building a relationship of trust and credibility by reviewing and delivering timely and accurate reporting to our clients, researching transactions and variances under investigation, and responding to ad hoc client requests.
The Analyst will:
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist Senior Staff in the review and analysis of financial reports; perform client and product analytics / variance analyses, and production of financial analysis packages.
- Assist in:
- The review of all reports from the Financial Reporting Group prior to distribution to the client
- Providing business-driven reporting and value-added analysis of the client’s financial results
- Responding to ad hoc client requests for reporting and analysis.
Projects and Other Tasks:
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecast processes.
- Prepare variance analysis for the business
- Proactively research and explain all significant variances to budget/forecast.
- Participate in the development of tools to accomplish the above departmental responsibilities. Work with various teams in F&T on projects that have an impact on the team’s functions and systems in such areas as:
- User acceptance testing
- Training of users
- Trouble-shooting after deployment
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information, presentations, or analysis from the business and various Finance Depts.’, ensuring the timely and efficient resolution of their questions
- Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
- Contribute to operational permanent control framework
- Perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
- 1-3 years experience MAX
- Experience in financial accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, and/or risk management positions, preferably within a global financial services company
- Experience in a Big 4 firm with Financial Services clients
- BS – Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field of study.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles, preferably both US and IFRS
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of business line professionals and territory functions staff
- Ability to prioritize, respond to time sensitive situations, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and deadline-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and organizational capabilities - attention to detail
- Motivation, initiative, teamwork orientation, and strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
$60-80K + Bonus
Linium Resources - 13 months ago