Macfadden is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team in support of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Office of Security Capabilities (OSC), Business Operations Division (BOD), Budget and Finance Branch located in Alexandria, VA. The Financial Analyst will develop and maintain spend plans to include estimates, justification of assumptions, research, and analysis (by quarter, by major object class – travel, training, supplies, equipment, etc., and by programs).
The Financial Analyst will prepare, maintain, analyze and monitor the financial data for various reports and documents with a capability to create custom reports and develop SQL Queries.
- Analyze acquisition financial information flows; designs and operate financial systems
- Perform special studies and report results to improve the overall operational and financial effectiveness for the program/project.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine cost benefits, performance, trends, and forecast financial probability.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Support the processing of approximately 1000 PRs and 500 associated amendments (e.g. de-commitments). Support includes identifying and addition appropriate LOAs to PRs in the TSA financial system. The support necessary is typically of short duration.
BA/BS in relevant field
Years of Experience:
5-9 years of experience (additional experience accepted in lieu of education)