The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority seeks a self-motivated and knowledgeable person for the Financial Analyst position in the Finance group.
The Financial Analyst's primary responsibilities will be to:
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Assist with the preparation of NYSERDA’s annual spending plan and budget for presentation and approval to the Board
- Prepare and analyze the Authority's Indirect Cost Proposal and submission of the proposal to the respective cognizant Federal agency
- Prepare NYSERDA's monthly program financial status reports
- Prepare certain quarter-end and year-end journal entries, create and maintain various reconciliations such as sub-ledger to detail ledger
- Monitor and report to Management on the Authority's administrative rates
- Monitor and report to Management on the Authority's actual vs direct expense budgets
- Assist with PeopleSoft reporting, testing of customizations ledger and budget maintenance
- Assist with the preparation of work papers for NYSERDA's annual audit
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Preference will be given to those individuals who have also possess:
- A minimum of three years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Word and Excel computer skills
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Accounting software (General Ledger, Commitment Control and Accounts Payable modules)
Individuals will be considered for Assistant Financial Analyst through Financial Analyst based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package with generous paid leave is also offered.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with your salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 243 in the Subject Line.
NY State Energy Research and Development Authority - 15 months ago