candidate will work closely with various functions within the Financial
Reporting Group. The position will be reporting to a Manager within the
Financial Reporting Group and will be responsible for recording transactions, preparation of
reconciliations, financial analysis and performing various routine/non-routine
administrative activities for the Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Responsible for recording
transactions, preparation of reconciliations, efficiently gathering and
organizing work papers.
- Assist in the documentation,
preparation and research of accounting related issues.
- Assist in preparing accounting
position papers, including implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist with special assignments,
including financial analysis, accounting and reporting research and other
tasks on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the review and tie out
of periodic filings and monthly financial statements, including investor
presentations and press releases.
- Maintain quality, and meet
turnaround time standards.
- Assist in review of SOX
- Work with other departments to
research accounting questions/issues from management.
- Maintain a strong understanding
of US GAAP and SEC guidelines.
- Serve as an example to peers by
promoting independent thinking, sound judgment and sound
Potential candidate must full fill the
- An undergraduate or graduate
degree in accounting, and/or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course
work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination.
- Qualified candidates must also
be actively preparing to pass the CPA examination.
- Advanced written and verbal
- A strong dedication to
- Desire to learn and grow in a
career in the oil & gas industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced
setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow
through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Flexibility to work overtime as
needed by position and supervisor.
- Integrity within a professional
position is located in downtown Houston, Texas. Please visit
apply through our careers page.