The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in providing financial support and analysis to senior management and executives. The ideal candidate will prove that he/she can forge tight partnerships between Finance and the rest of the company by providing insightful analysis and recommendations that can be used to better manage the business.
In this role, you will work closely with the senior managers throughout the company to provide all aspects of financial support for planning, control, and analysis. This will include consolidating financials, management reporting, forecasting, variance analysis, and other ad-hoc analysis. In this role, you may have the opportunity to work on special projects with Tax, Treasury, and FP&A. The analysis and support provided by this individual has the opportunity to be a major driver of the overall success of PROS as we continue to aggressively grow the business to new heights.
- Assist in the overall budgeting forecasting process including business unit budgets, corporate overhead and capital spending
- Effectively establish a finance business partnership throughout the company
- Develop and maintain the planning models for financial planning purposes.
- Help identify trends and anticipate needs to support an evolving business environment
- Oversee monthly reporting of travel and salary expenses
- Provide any ad hoc reports and analysis to senior management as needed.
- Analyze, synthesize and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights that will drive strategic decision making within the company
- Develop templates to be used for financial planning, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Identify and drive business process improvements
- Conduct research for finance related issues
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and analysis
- Participate in the development and implementation of process improvements
- Collaborate with Finance team on ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
- Must have good research and analytical skills
- Ability to source information from disparate sources and to distill into key takeaways
- In depth understanding of financial statements
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Comfortable working with and communicating with diverse groups of people
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills required
- Skilled in preparing presentation materials to senior management and possess solid communication skills
- Able to multi-task, excellent project management skills, comfortable with change in a fast paced environment, proactive, able to work with senior management, and possess excellent interpersonal skills with all levels.
- 3-5 years in a finance or accounting role
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- MBA or CPA will be highly valued
SmartPros Ltd. (SmartPros) provides learning and training solutions for specific markets, including accounting/finance, legal, engineering,...