As one of the fastest growing e-Commerce companies in the country, Quidsi (recently acquired by Amazon) is the parent company of Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (health, beauty, and household essentials), BeautyBar.com (prestige beauty), Wag.com (pet products), YoYo.com (toys), Casa.com (home), Afterschool.com (sports), and Bookworm.com (children’s books). We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture, and the experience for our customers.
We are building out our financial planning team and seeking a highly-motivated Financial Analyst who will report directly to our Associate Director, FP&A. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to assist in the financial planning process, report on budget to actual results, monitor real time financial performance, and engage on special projects to improve financial data transparency. The desired candidate is a bright, highly analytical individual who is a hard-working, organized team player with strong math, SQL database, and Excel skills.
The financial analyst will be engaged across all functional areas of the company, thereby being afforded a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business from ‘soup to nuts’. This position will have an unparalleled potential for growth, high exposure to senior management, and an immense capacity for expanding one’s knowledge base.
At Quidsi, we embrace our nimble culture which empowers us with the ability to react quickly and accomplish the seemingly impossible. To be successful, the candidate must be ready to ‘bring it’ and challenge their intellect on a daily basis. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, and not afraid to take risks.
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
- Partner with departments to build the annual financial model and long-term strategic plan
- Collaborate with marketing teams to conceptualize and develop models to forecast revenue
- Team with department heads to create budgets to support the operating requirements of both existing and future sites
- Work with supply chain & operations to quantify required capital investments, plan inventory levels, and model key drivers for the variable labor required to fulfill orders in our warehouses
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and streamline the planning process
- Analyze monthly financial results and report on key trends vs. budget; peel back the layers to understand underlying drivers of financial performance
- Reforecast monthly by incorporating actual results, reacting to the fast changing and dynamic ecommerce environment, and improving upon key assumptions/inputs as actual data on new and existing lines of business is gathered
- Serve as a expert of the financial data and liaise with the retail team to bolster understanding of financial metrics & data limitations; take ownership for improving the accuracy and availability of data in our data warehouse (which is leveraged company-wide for the purposes of management reporting and real time monitoring of financial performance)
Quidsi Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, or related field from a top school;
- At least 3 years relevant experience, including financial modeling
- Advanced SQL database knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior math skills
- Exceptional analytical ability accompanied with a strong business acumen
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- MBA a plus; CPA a plus
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-centric environment
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...