Rabobank, N.A. is a fast-growing California community bank that provides personalized service and a full array of quality products to individuals, businesses, organizations and agricultural clients. With nearly 120 retail branches, we serve the needs of communities from Redding to the Imperial Valley through a regional structure that promotes local decision making and active community involvement by our employees. The bank has more than $11 billion in assets with over 1,800 employees.
Rabobank, N.A. is part of the Rabobank Group, which is rated one of the world’s safest banks by Global Finance Magazine. The Rabobank Group is a global financial service provider and the premier lender to the global food and agricultural industry.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst! The Financial Analyst is responsible for underwriting and risk analysis of credit requests within assigned business line. Performs independent, objective, and detailed financial and collateral analysis of credit requests. In collaboration with relationship manager, responsible for structuring transactions, developing credit recommendations, and loan portfolio monitoring including covenant compliance. Independently classifies loan performance and recommends risk rating. Completes credit applications as assigned. Performs annual reviews as required on all credit relationships. Notes significant trends and recommends policy changes if necessary. Collaborates with stakeholders on credit related matters to ensure expeditious processing and improve client experience. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Conducts detailed, independent financial and collateral analysis on credit requests. Evaluates business plans, projections, operating records, and financial statements. Evaluates all types of collateral in relation to feasibility of transaction, market/industry conditions and loan structure. Supports conclusions based on factual data. Effectively communicates information and analytical results to stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the relationship manager identify risks/mitigants of loan structure and participates in discussions with credit risk as required.
- Identifies risks associated with each loan and mitigations to risks. Generates and recommends risk ratings.
- Interprets and applies Bank policies, governmental regulations, and accounting theory.
- Prepares reports and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Performs industry research in various market areas to support transaction.
- Participates on client calls and/or client relationships with relationship managers as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred, with 4 -6 years related accounting or financial statement analysis/lending experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Expertise in detailed financial and collateral analysis of complex and sophisticated credit requests required.
- Proficient with: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Internet
- Adept at utilizing financial software programs and other databases integral to compiling financial and collateral analysis spreads.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate tactfully and listen attentively to the customer.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( less than 25%)
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application and/or submit your resume.
Rabobank - 15 months ago
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...