Schafer Corporation has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst to support the Financial Planning and Analysis group. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting financial information and elated information for projects of varying size, as well as information that spans the organization for a division. The selected candidate will work in a team environment with technical, financial, and management staff with the objective to track and control contracts and overhead activities and cost. They will interact with program management and project control staff to determine resource requirements for company activities, compare those requirements to available staffing, and develop recommendation for action. With general direction, evelop and implement reporting procedures to review project cost status and valuation of work in progress. This full-time position is located at the Schafer Corporate offices in Arlington, VA.
- Business partner to the Division Manager.
- Work with Project Managers and General Managers in building project budgets and monthly forecasts (Revenue, Direct Margin, Program Profit and EBITDA) from Identification through Contract completion. Forecast for one or more calendar years.
- Prepares a variety of actual vs. budget reports for revenue, direct cost, direct margin and program profit including variance analysis to Actual, Forecast and Annual Operating Plan.
- Prepares contract and funding status/backlog reports, project erformance reports and monitors any at risk spending.
- Responds to financial inquiries on a variety of contract value, contract modifications, funding, revenue, costing, hours, open commitments, and billing issues.
- Work with Accounting Department during month close to analyze revenue recognition, properly accrue project costs, and identify errors.
- Work with General Managers and Compliance in development and forecasting division rates.
- Prepares and analyzes the financial forecast model for the division.
- Perform financial and business analysis, including financial modeling, in support of corporate business plans, new business development projects, pricing alternatives and other business strategies.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of
- Provide ad hoc financial modeling and analysis as required.
- 3-5 Years of relevant Finance experience.
- n Government DoD accounting, including knowledge of cost structures and contract types preferred.
Excellent analytical ability.
Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to analyze and concisely explain complex transactions.
- Proactive in nature, paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel for analysis and modeling.
- Experience using Deltek’s Performance Management or IBM Cognos reporting tools preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment where individuals are expected to perform to high standards yet operate at a fast pace.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with time sensitive deadlines.
Schafer seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary will commensurate with experience. Schafer has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment.
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Schafer does not accept resumes from third party agencies
Only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted
Schafer Corporation is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission...